[webkit-qt] Tomorrow Qt5 update is postponed

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Thu Mar 8 01:06:19 PST 2012

On Thursday, March 08, 2012 09:51:42 AM ext Osztrogonac Csaba wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I tried the latest Qt5 hash and there is a serious
> regression in qmake which caused WebKit build fail:
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-24687
>
> I don't think if it can be fixed in qtbase and Qt5 hash
> is updated by CI till tomorrow, so we have to postpone
> the Qt5 update. :(
>
> I wonder how CI can't catch this bug. And why there isn't
> a proper way in Qt project to revert a patch quickly instead
> of waiting long days to be examined by CI bots.

The CI won't catch this because it's us in WebKit using what could be argued
is an internal qmake variable that just happens to not be available out of the
box anymore.

The solution is as Oswald outlined to use load(moc) and then get acccess to
the moc executable the old way. This _is_ something we can do today.

I'll take care of it.

Simon