[webkit-qt] Qt5 WebKit packaging for Ubuntu/ARM

Zoltán Balogh zoltan.balogh at canonical.com
Wed Jun 6 22:16:23 PDT 2012

Hi

I am packaging the Qt5 modules for Ubuntu Precise/Quantal for both x86
and ARM targets:
https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-daily

  It is a fun exercise as week to week it requires some creativity as
the code base evolves.

Most of the modules build well and their packaging is rather straight
forward.

But the qtwebkit module (alias qt5-module) archives (ar cqs) 2184 object
files to libWebCore.a That makes in most build environment/system even
with a very short package name 120k size argument. It will be a huge
(literally) problem. Is here anybody who I can work together to solve
this problem? I am 1 inch away to provide the full set of Qt5 x86/armel
packages for Ubuntu Precise and Quantal...

But even fixing this problem with a workaround the qtwebkit fails to
link on arm target:  http://pastebin.com/5yXJTvfY

I wonder if there is anybody who I can work together to prevent problems
when we start packaging Qt5 for the distributions.

cheers,

Zoltan