[webkit-qt] Conclusion (was RE: Proposal: Qt 4 removal from trunk, Qt 5 changes)

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Wed Jun 6 02:42:24 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 06 June 2012 09:37:14 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2012, simon.hausmann at nokia.com wrote:
> > Hm, okay, maybe we can improve the timing :)
> >
> > What would be the advantage of waiting until Qt 5.0 is released? What
> > would
> > be different at that point?
>
> By branching of the same version as Qt 5.0 it will hopefully benifit from
> the stabilization up to Qt 5.0, plus it means we can hopefully keep the
> QtWebKit for Qt 4.x version close to the branch used for Qt 5.0, which
> means we can possible merge similar patches, etc.
>
> From an communication POV it is also simpler to explain that this fork will
> provide the features available in QtWebKit for Qt 5.0 to Qt 4.x (except
> WebKit2 of course).

Short slightly OT question:

My understanding was, that Qt 5.0 will not ship with the WebKit2 API yet?

Sadly I can't find the blog or email, but I think it was Lars Knoll who said
that WebKit2 will only be integrated in a Qt 5.x release?

So: Is Qt 5.0 really going to ship with a first release of a QML WebKit2 API?
Considering that neigher examples or documentation public yet, I doubt that.

Bye, thanks for the clarification.
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090