[webkit-qt] Conclusion (was RE: Proposal: Qt 4 removal from trunk, Qt 5 changes)

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Wed Jun 6 00:37:14 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 06 June 2012, simon.hausmann at nokia.com wrote:
> Hm, okay, maybe we can improve the timing :)
>
> What would be the advantage of waiting until Qt 5.0 is released? What would
> be different at that point?

By branching of the same version as Qt 5.0 it will hopefully benifit from the
stabilization up to Qt 5.0, plus it means we can hopefully keep the QtWebKit
for Qt 4.x version close to the branch used for Qt 5.0, which means we can
possible merge similar patches, etc.

From an communication POV it is also simpler to explain that this fork will
provide the features available in QtWebKit for Qt 5.0 to Qt 4.x (except
WebKit2 of course).

`Allan