[webkit-qt] Webkit and webkit2

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Wed Jan 25 04:40:13 PST 2012

<simon.hausmann at nokia.com>wrote:

> > keep

> > > Why are we then breaking the Qt API?
> >
> > Where is the API being broken?
>
> QWebElement?

The API is not being _broken_. It continues to be available in Qt 5, as well
as QWebPage, QWebView and QGraphicsWebView. They work on top of the QWidget
based stack.

However we choose not to support these APIs with QQuickCanvas & friends, we
leave that to the WebKit2 based QML WebView component.

Simon