[webkit-qt] Debugging WebKit2 rendering

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Thu Aug 30 08:01:52 PDT 2012

Hi Milian
You can find good hints here: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/CoordinatedGraphicsSystem
However there is no extended debug output… Might be a good thing to add.

Good luck
No'am

On Aug 30, 2012, at 7:58 AM, ext Milian Wolff <milian.wolff at kdab.com<mailto:milian.wolff at kdab.com>>
 wrote:

Hey all,

I'm trying to get QtWebKit running on QNX/PlayBook. So far I succeeded in
building it and the WebKit1/C++ stuff already works - nice. Now I'm trying to
get WebKit2/QML running, and after some work managed to build QtWebKit with
OpenGL support for QNX. The Minibrowser example runs on the device, but only
the navigation bar on top is functional, the webview area stays grey and
empty...

How do I debug this? Is there a env var or compile switch I could enable to
get extended debug output? Any hints for "good" functions I could hook into
with GDB (or add printf's to) to figure out whether they are called?

Generally, is there anything more in-depth than
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKit2 which explains the interaction between the
UIProcess and the WebProcess?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com<mailto:milian.wolff at kdab.com> | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090