[webkit-qt] Debugging WebKit2 rendering

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Thu Aug 30 07:58:49 PDT 2012

Hey all,

I'm trying to get QtWebKit running on QNX/PlayBook. So far I succeeded in
building it and the WebKit1/C++ stuff already works - nice. Now I'm trying to
get WebKit2/QML running, and after some work managed to build QtWebKit with
OpenGL support for QNX. The Minibrowser example runs on the device, but only
the navigation bar on top is functional, the webview area stays grey and
empty...

How do I debug this? Is there a env var or compile switch I could enable to
get extended debug output? Any hints for "good" functions I could hook into
with GDB (or add printf's to) to figure out whether they are called?

Generally, is there anything more in-depth than
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKit2 which explains the interaction between the
UIProcess and the WebProcess?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090