[webkit-qt] kde-qt-webkit

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Apr 26 15:22:18 PDT 2012

On Thursday 26 April 2012, Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> Hi Allan,
> nice to hear there are these things :D
> But... let me understand... you are doing this just to run webkit trunk
> with KDE?
> So, you had to:
> - merge kdelibs/kdewebkit inside qtwebkit code
> - disable kdewebkit in kdelibs compile
> - build your copy after kdelibs
> - rebuild plasma and all libs depending on kdewebkit...
> ... should not be easier to just use webkit trunk instead and just ensure
> it continues to work as usual?

No, what I do is. Build Qt as normal, build KDE as normal, then build QtWebKit
for KDE which builds a new version of both QtWebKit and KdeWebKit, they are
however binary-compatible (at least kdewebkit is), so they plug straight in
with existing applications. I just add the path the new libraries to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH thereby overloading the old ones.

It works quite well, and is not that complicated.

 `Allan