[webkit-qt] QML WebView feature requests

Kenneth Rohde Christiansen kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:06:33 PST 2011

Hi there,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Harri Pasanen <grego at mpaja.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Putting on my wishing cap, I'd like the next for Christmas :-)
>
> * onLinkActivated signal, as we have in QML Text

How is this different from a signal when a load gets committed?
Explain the use-case.

> * load() method exposed.  If I have static html in file, and the contents of
> that file change, reload() will not refresh the page (not in C++ either).

Some load methods are being added to the in Qt5 QQuickWebView in development.

> * Way to achieve copy to clipboard (this probably affects other QML elements
> as well, such as Text)

Copy and paste are on the QQuickWebView roadmap, though no idea when
that will happen.

> * Pinch-zoom support

The Qt5 QQuickWebView already supports this. Some fixes are still needed though.

> * Way to inherit WebView in C++ to implement additional features in custom QML
> element.  As I explained in previous mails, I tried copying
> qdeclarativewebview_p.h and qdeclarativewebview.cpp to my project and
> customizing those, but I never could get it to work on Harmattan even if it
> did work fine on Linux desktop.

Why is this needed? Can't you just expose another C++ class? What is
it that you are trying to implement?

Kenneth

--
Kenneth Rohde Christiansen