[webkit-qt] QML WebView feature requests

Harri Pasanen grego at mpaja.com
Tue Nov 15 08:27:24 PST 2011

Hi,

Putting on my wishing cap, I'd like the next for Christmas :-)

* onLinkActivated signal, as we have in QML Text

* load() method exposed.  If I have static html in file, and the contents of
that file change, reload() will not refresh the page (not in C++ either).

* Way to achieve copy to clipboard (this probably affects other QML elements
as well, such as Text)

* Pinch-zoom support

* Way to inherit WebView in C++ to implement additional features in custom QML
element.  As I explained in previous mails, I tried copying
qdeclarativewebview_p.h and qdeclarativewebview.cpp to my project and
customizing those, but I never could get it to work on Harmattan even if it
did work fine on Linux desktop.

Regards,

Harri