[webkit-qt] on QQWVP::initializeDesktop and ::initializeTouch and d->useTraditionalDesktopBehaviour

Keith Kyzivat keith.kyzivat at nokia.com
Thu Nov 10 14:39:16 PST 2011

On 11/10/2011 04:35 PM, ext simon.hausmann at nokia.com wrote:
> One remaining point is the resizeToContents behaviour, which in turn will toggle whether to show
> scrollbars or indicators (missing atm).
>
> We clearly need a way to forcibly enable/disable resizeToContents, at least for WTR. But ideally
> we're smart about it and we just initialize it "correctly".
>
> We could play with heuristics, such as looking at the screen resolution and the dpi (QGuiApplication::primaryScreen()).
> If the physical dimension of the "display" is below a certain shreshold (10"?), we simply figure that
> scrollbars don't make sense and go to resizeToContents mode.
I had mentioned something like that here months ago to distinguish
this.  Seems logical, and I think it's the right way to go.  If the
physical size of the device is below some threshold, I think it does
follow suit that you'll not want traditional scrollbars.

Now -- do you do so by thresholding the length and width (if height < x
or height < width, don't show scrollbars), or do you do it by area (if
device area is < x, don't show scrollbars)?