[webkit-qt] QtWebKit, the multimedia support today and tomorrow.

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Mon Jun 27 07:30:36 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Alexis Menard
<alexis.menard at openbossa.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Ademar Reis <ademar.reis at openbossa.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 6:21 PM, İsmail Dönmez <ismail at namtrac.org> wrote:
>>> Hi;

>>> Even just this result justifies the switch to gstreamer, is there any chance
>>> we can enable it for QtWebKit 2.2 too ?
>>
>> Yes, the plan is to cherry-pick the changes to QtWebKit-2.2
>> (multimedia is basically broken on the desktop right now, it can't get
>> much worse and this feature is worth the risk).
>
> Broken is a bit rude for QtMultimedia team and for the people who
> worked on the multimedia support in WebKit. It works okish, let's put
> it like this or better than Phonon ever ever worked.

OK, my appologies. :-)

My understanding is that this feature is one of the highlights for
2.2, so it's worth the risk.

>> But our beta will be out today, we'll have to rush this feature a bit
>> to have it available for the 2.2.0 release.
>
> No it won't be out, there are few blockers before as I said in the
> mail. We *need* a public Mac bot that at least build QtWebKit so that
> Apple can test their changes and check they don't break Qt.

I know that for the beta it won't be available, but if we focus on it,
I hope we have it ready for the final release (2.2.0), that's what I
mean.

--
Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
Nokia Institute of Technology