[webkit-qt] QtWebKit, the multimedia support today and tomorrow.

Jesus Sanchez-Palencia jesus at webkit.org
Sat Jun 25 02:47:54 PDT 2011

Hi there,

_Awesome_ job, Alexis!

- Make GStreamer and QuickTime webkit.org backend the default on Mac
> and Linux. I could investigate of using the feature of WebKit to have
> multiple player so that if the webkit.org player can't work it could
> fallback on QtMultimedia.

+1 here. I think this is important if you aim to "keep the desktop world
functional". I can already imagine future bug reports like "[Qt] QtWebKit
does not have media support if GStreamer is not installed"...

> - Use QtMultimedia on Windows and Symbian (up until Symbian disappear
> and I give a try to the MS backend). In the meantime again I could
> investigate on Windows to use the QuickTime backend by default and
> fallback to QtMultimedia if QuickTime is not installed.

+1 again.

16 test cases (10%) were new

Maybe now we already support at least part of these extra 16 new test cases,
right?! ;)

Cheers,
Jesus