[webkit-qt] Does QtWebKit API tests need attention?

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Wed Jun 1 03:11:03 PDT 2011

On 06/01/2011 09:46 AM, ext Zoltan Horvath wrote:
> Currently, we are running qtwebkit-tests on our bots, but does it make
> sense to run these?
> Now, 203 are passed, 6 are failed, 2 are skipped. Is this acceptable?
> It keeps our bot always orange. I don't think that it is a good message
> that we have API regressions.
>
> It would be really nice if someone from Nokia side could make time to
> take care API-tests (if these are important of course).
>
> Any thoughts and/or volunteers?

They are important.
The problem is we are currently understaffed due to an internal Nokia
project taking lots of engineers.

I suggest to add "expected failure" exceptions for the failing tests.
And create a P1 tasks for each one.

Failing API tests are particularly dangerous for releases. It is one of
the focus of QtWebKit 2.2. Anyone is welcome to help on this problem.

cheers,
Benjamin