[webkit-qt] Almost all webkit LayoutTests failing on Qt for Embedded Linux

Alexis Menard alexis.menard at openbossa.org
Tue Jul 26 05:28:04 PDT 2011

Yes I read too fast :D.

I was talking about the API tests :D.

It's most likely that the layout tests will not pass as nobody
actually tried to make them pass. And it's not just about making them
pass, it's maintaining them too.

Though in the long term I'm not sure if it make sense to work on that.
As far as I understood the way Qt For Embedded Linux stands today is
dead/replace/deprecated with Lighthouse no?

Thanks.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org> wrote:
>  <simon.hausmann <at> nokia.com> writes:
>

>> I think the tests Alexis is referring to are unit tests. I can understand that
> the layout tests would not pass on QWS against x11 metrics (see dpi setting for
> example).
>
> Yes, my point was LayoutTest vs. API tests. I am working on a MIPS buildbot
> and will try to make it work with Qt/E. I will probably not get to the point
> of having non text only tests though.
>
> The easiest config for Qt/E is to compile with QT_NO_QWS_MULTIPROCESS this
> way one does not run into the GuiServer problematic.
>

> holger

Alexis Menard (darktears)
Software Engineer
INdT Recife Brazil