[webkit-qt] no rule to make target release/libjscore.a

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at nokia.com
Tue Jan 25 02:49:15 PST 2011

On 1/25/2011 4:32 AM, ext roamer roamer wrote:
> hi all
>    I need to compile webkit with jit enabled on MIPS cpu.
>
>   I fail and the error message is:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/roamer/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.1/src/3rdparty/webkit/JavaScriptCore'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `release/libjscore.a', needed by
> `jsc'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/roamer/Downloads/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.1/src/3rdparty/webkit/JavaScriptCore'
> make: *** [sub-javascriptcore-make_default-ordered] Error 2
>
> I google some solutions but they don't work.
>
> here is how i compile it.
>    1.  I checkout the the qtwebkit-2.1-week51, and download the
> qt-everywhere-opensource-4.7.1.tar.gz,
>    2.  untar qt-4.7.1, remove src/3rdparty/javascriptcore/* and remove
> src/3rdparty/webkit under qt-4.7.1
>    3. copy qtwebkit to src/3rdparty/ and rename it  to webkit, copy
> common.pri, WebKit.pri and JavaScriptCore from qtwebkit to
> src/3rdparty/javascriptcore
>    4. modify the file mkspecs/qws/linux-mips-g++/qmake.conf and then
> configure qt-4.7.1 with the following options
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/roamer/SDK/qtembedded-4.7.1 \
> -embedded mips \
> -xplatform qws/linux-mips-g++ \
> -little-endian \
> -no-qvfb \
> -no-qt3support \
> -no-declarative \
> -webkit \
> -javascript-jit \
> -opensource \
> -no-script \
> -no-scripttools \
> -exceptions \
> -confirm-license \
> -nomake demos
> make clean
> make
>
> my gcc is mips-linux-gnu-gcc Thread model: posix gcc version 4.4.1
> (Sourcery G++ Lite 4.4-303)
> It seems that there is something missed in the makefile, any suggestion?
> thank you!

Hello,

here are some remarks that could help:
- src/3rdparty/javascriptcore is only related to QtScript (which you
disabled in configure) so don't bother about it.
- 'jsc' is a standalone interpreter for JavaScriptcore and it shouldn't
be compiled if you configure Qt since src/src.pro should explicitely
"subdir" JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCore.pro and WebCore/WebCore.pro in
src/3rdparty/webkit/. So there might be something wrong around this.
- I don't know how well it works if you pick QtWebKit 2.1 and put it in
Qt 4.7.
Alternatively, this is rather unofficial, but you can try to compile
QtWebKit separately following instructions there:
https://svn.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnLinux and run "make install" at
the end. This should copy the QtWebKit library and headers to the Qt's
install dir that was used to build QtWebKit.

Jocelyn