[webkit-qt] Adding inline spell checking to webkit-qt

lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:32:32 PST 2011

On Wednesday 05/01/2011 at 10:38 pm, Benjamin Poulain  wrote:

> A good start would be to check what the other ports are doing to
> implement the feature.

Have been looking at the Max and Chromium ports.

And  my first question! I've got autocorrect working nicely (using
test stubs) but the red squiggly underline never shows for misspelled
words. Would I be correct in assuming that's not implemented for the
qt port either? whereabouts would I start with implementing that?
haven't been able to discern where its done in the other ports.

> For the interface with sonnet, I think that should be done via a new
> platform plugin (QWebKitPlatformPlugin) for spell checking.
> Anyone has an opinion on the API?

Yes, I was wondering as to the best extendible way to interface with
sonnet. Will look into that as well.

 Thanks,

--
Lindsay Mathieson