[webkit-qt] Adding inline spell checking to webkit-qt

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Wed Jan 5 04:41:11 PST 2011

On 01/05/2011 05:55 AM, ext lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi All, as per the subject I'm interested in implementing inline
> (continuous) spell checking for webkit-qt. From a quick check through
> the sources the start point would appear to be EditorClientQt.h/.cpp.
>
> But first off - is this the correct list for questions relating to
> webkit-qt development?

Yep it is. Feel free to ask question here if you faces chalenges. There
is also the list webkit@ for questions that are not specific to Qt.
We have the #qtwebkit and #webkit channels on freenode if you want to
contact someone directly.

A good start would be to check what the other ports are doing to
implement the feature.

For the interface with sonnet, I think that should be done via a new
platform plugin (QWebKitPlatformPlugin) for spell checking.
Anyone has an opinion on the API?

cheers,
Benjamin