[webkit-qt] Removing support for Qt 4.6 on QtWebKit trunk

Osztrogonac Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Feb 22 10:27:14 PST 2011

Hi,

Andreas Kling írta:
> Where is the current policy clearly, obviously and publically stated?
> (Not to be a dingdong, I just don't know where to look for it. :)

I think we don't have clear, obvious and public policy at all.
Or maybe Nokia has, but I don't know anything about it ...

It isn't so good if I notice that a commit break Qt buildbot on build.webkit.org,
because for example we don't support the Qt on it anymore or it needs an extra Qt
feature switched on or Qt Mobility x.y version, etc. I always get information about
this kind of de facto rules after I ask you guys why the bot is red again ...

>> With the proposed new policy we should have removed Qt 4.6
>> support with Qt 4.7 release, when we removed Qt 4.5 support.
>> And we have to remove Qt 4.7 support when Qt 4.8 will be released.
>
> Don't quite agree here, we should keep 4.7 support after 4.8 is released
> to facilitate patch releases.

I absolutely agree. But which is the correct date to drop Qt 4.7 support?
 From who and when will I know that we don't support Qt 4.7 anymore?

br,
Ossy