[webkit-qt] Removing support for Qt 4.6 on QtWebKit trunk

Andreas Kling andreas.kling at nokia.com
Tue Feb 22 09:31:42 PST 2011

On 02/22/2011 06:28 PM, ext Osztrogonac Csaba wrote:
> As you said, we normally support the latest two _released_ Qt minor
> version. So now the latest two minor releases are 4.6.3 and 4.7.1.

Yep, we have said this in the past, it might even be the current policy!

I don't agree with it though, I think we should support the latest
released Qt and the next upcoming release, i.e 4.7 and 4.8 in this case.

There is not much value in saying "Qt 4.6 is supported by trunk" and
then only raising a finger when the build breaks. It's not like many
people are testing against 4.6 (or are they? We certainly aren't here in
Oslo..)

-Kling