[webkit-qt] WebKit2, PluginProcess and LightHouse

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Tue Aug 9 03:29:44 PDT 2011

On 08/09/2011 02:40 AM, ext Holger Freyther wrote:
> This just leaves the question for the future? Given how this thread
> went and the lack of querying capabilities in QPlatformIntegration I
> assume that no one else has thought about using plugins with lighthouse.

I think it is a bit early to solve this problem.

The foundations of Qt are being rewritten. When this is less shaky, we
will have a better visibility on what can be done.

Currently, we do not have a problem because people using Qt5 target X11
or Wayland, not both at the same time. When the problem of multiple
Lighthouse backends will come, Lighthouse will likely be better defined
and we will be better equiped to solve the issue.

If you are already working with mixing X11 and Wayland, we can discuss
workarounds. But I think it is a bit early to give more work to the team
doing Lighthouse.

cheers,
Benjamin