[webkit-qt] How to save data from webkit requests

Richard Baron Penman richardbp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:38:23 PDT 2010

> hello,

I am using QWebView to render webpages and want to save the data from
certain requests. However this data is often already discarded by the time
of the QNetworkAccessManager::finished() signal because:

QNetworkReply is a sequential-access QIODevice, which means that once data
> is read from the object, it no longer kept by the device. It is therefore
> the application's responsibility to keep this data if it needs to.

So how can I access this data?

Would the solution be to override QNetworkAccessManager::createRequest() and
create my own custom QNetworkReply objects that maintain the returned data?

> If so do you know of any examples?

thanks,
Richard