[webkit-qt] QtWebKit visual studio solution

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at nokia.com
Wed Nov 24 01:09:02 PST 2010

Hello,

Normally --qmakearg has no "s" at the end and that you have to add "="
between --qmakearg and its value.
I corrected the doc on the wiki.
The results should end up by default in WebKitBuild/Release, and
WebKit.sln should be there.

If you still have difficulties, here is part of a batch file I use to
generate VS files outside the source tree. The result will end in the
current directory. You might have to tweak it but this should give you
an idea:

qmake -r <RelativePathToWebKitSources>\DerivedSources.pro -o
Makefile.DerivedSources
nmake -f Makefile.DerivedSources generated_files
qmake -r -tp vc <RelativePathToWebKitSources>\WebKit.pro

Please note as well that dependencies between projects in the solution
aren't always generated correctly from the qmake files. You might have
to right-click and build the QtWebKit project first in the solution and
then building the whole solution should work.

Jocelyn