[webkit-qt] QtWebKit-2.1 - almost there

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Mon Nov 22 15:01:38 PST 2010

Hi everybody.

We're approaching the release of QtWebKit-2.1 and now is a good time
(or maybe the last opportunity) to test it and provide feedback before
the release.

QtWebKit-2.1 has lots of enhancements, bugfixes and support for new
web standards. A work-in-progress list of high-level changes together
with a list of commits and bugs/tasks fixed since the fork from trunk
is up on the wiki: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitFeatures21

We have a tight schedule and an RC should be available Real Soon
Now(TM), :-) so don't waste any time, fire up your build tools, run a
test on your environment and give us your feedback. We're particularly
interested in any kind of regressions since qtwebkit-2.0 (which was
released with Qt-4.7.0) or any major breakage. Feel free to share your
thoughts or problems on this mailing list and on the #qtwebkit IRC
channel @ freenode. Your feedback will be really appreciated.

Unfortunately we couldn't provide pre-compiled binaries or packages at
this time (we'll do better in future releases, I promisse) :-)

For reference, this week release is tagged as "qtwebkit-2.1-week46"

Some links of interest:
 * The 2.1 branch on gitorious:
http://gitorious.org/+qtwebkit-developers/webkit/qtwebkit/commits/qtwebkit-2.1
 * Main wiki, including build instructions for all supported
platforms: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKit
 * General release information: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitRelease21
 * High level release-notes (draft):
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitFeatures21
 * Weekly announcements: http://qtwebkit.blogspot.com/search/label/announcement
 * Workaround for gitorious hiccups when clonning via git:// and
http://: http://qtwebkit.blogspot.com/2010/09/fatal-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly.html

Thanks!
  - Ademar

--
Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
OpenBossa Labs - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia