[webkit-qt] QWebView and Qt Image plugins

Grego grego at mpaja.com
Sat May 15 00:10:03 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Benjamin Poulain <
benjamin.poulain at nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> ext Grego wrote:
>
>> I was comparing QWebView and QTextBrowser behaviour, and I noticed that
>> the former does not seem to use image plugins.
>> I'm on Kubuntu, which includes a jp2 plugin out of the box.
>> A simple html page having a jp2 image and a png image shows up fine in
>> QTextBrowser.
>> The same page shows only the png image in QWebView.
>>
>> Any ideas how to get jp2 images to show up in QWebView as well?
>>

> It uses image plugins, we recently had a bug because of that.
> You should debug ImageDecoderQt of WebKit to know what is going on. Maybe
> the type is not recognized as an image at all by WebKit, does your web
> server return a mimetype "image/jp2"?
>
> cheers,
> Benjamin

The page comes from a file using QWebKit::load(), so a web server is not
involved.  This is on standard Qt 4.6.2 btw. forgot to mention that.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on where to look.  I'll need to setup Qt
compilation from source to dig further.

--
Grego
http://mpaja.com/