[webkit-qt] accelerated compositing

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Fri Mar 19 07:01:07 PDT 2010

On Friday 19 March 2010 Knoll Lars (Nokia-D-Qt/Oslo), wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2010 11:16:02 am Hausmann Simon (Nokia-D-Qt/Oslo) wrote:
> > On Friday 19 March 2010 ext Antti Koivisto, wrote:
> > > I think it should be enabled by default. It is a feature that requires
> > > special triggers (css transformations, animations) to get enabled so
> > > it won't affect most of the existing content. The only way we are
> > > going to find problems is by having people run it.
> >
> > People _can_ run it, and we should ask people to try it out. That's why
> >
> >  it's also a run-time option in QtLauncher for example. But should we
> >  really enable it by default, given that it has zero test coverage?
>
> Counter question: Does the non accelerated path have more/different test
> coverage?

We skip the LayoutTests/composition/, transforms/3d/ and animations/ layout
test subdirectories.

We do run a large chunk of animations/, transforms/, fast/transforms and
fast/transforms/2d.

So it appears to me that we do have some test coverage for the high-level
feature.

In order to test these with the AC code path we need to change the DRT to use
QGraphicsWebView and enable AC there.

Simon