[webkit-qt] accelerated compositing

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Fri Mar 19 05:26:55 PDT 2010

Yes - that's a regression I'm currently working on (35393). AC is still the right way to go but there are still bumps.
Like I said, having autotests to find those regressions are a great initiative.

>There might be a problem with my methodology. I have attached a test
>case were AcceleratedCompositingEnabled is slower, you can use the
>regular benchmark tools with it.

Thanks, we're testing it right now!

> > Counter question: Does the non accelerated path have more/different
> > test coverage?
>
>So far, the performance tools
>(http://gitorious.org/qtwebkit/performance) have only covered the
>non-accelerated path.

Let's spend some time next week to make sure they cover both paths.

Cheers
No'am