[webkit-qt] Bug Triaging Days

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Tue Mar 9 06:26:27 PST 2010

Hi,

I would love to see bugs.webkit.org become a really useful tool for bug
tracking, beyond the patch staging area it primarily is right now. Imagine
that with a properly cleaned up list of bugs we'll also get higher quality
reports and less duplicates. It's easier for reporters to see that the same
issue has been reported already. We'll be quicker in processing feedback and
pinning down important issues.

Thanks to Tor Arne and Jocelyn we have now everything in place for climbing
our mountain of unprioritized and untriaged bugs in Bugzilla [1].

If you look at the filters linked from the wiki page at

	https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitBugs

then you can see that we have about 300 untriaged and about 100 trigated bugs.

With these numbers it's hard to see what's important and what isn't. I expect
that many of these bugs are fixed already. But I also think that there'll be a
number of really important issues in there that we currently simply don't see.

We have to make an effort to get this under control. In the team here in Oslo
we decided to dedicate two days next week for this. We're going to stop doing
what we would do otherwise and try to all pull into the same direction.

I'd like to extend this into a bigger effort: Please join us on our first
QtWebKit bug triaging days next week!

	Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th of March

I think it would be fantastic if we could get as many people on board as
possible.

Simon

[1] https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-qt/2010-March/000188.html