[webkit-qt] release status

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Mon Mar 8 02:49:48 PST 2010

Hi,

I've created a wiki page to track the release

	http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitRelease20

Let's use

	https://bugs.webkit.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=35784&hide_resolved=1

to track release critical bugs, i.e. bugs that prevent us from making the
release.

I'd like to create the release branch this week. From that point on we should
only cherry-pick changes from the trunk, i.e. do bug fixes on the trunk and
cherry-pick the committed change.

Before creating the branch I'd like to see https://webkit.org/b/35146 (tiled
backing store) land in the trunk. Can you guys think of any other big features
that we should land before branching?

(Cherry-picking costs time, so I'd rather delay the branch creation if there
is something we know of, instead of spending much extra time in cherry-picking
and resolving conflicts)

We can also use the weekly builds for wider testing and verification.

The Szeged hackers will run a bot on the release branch, so that we can reduce
the risk of introducing regressions (yay :)

Simon