[webkit-qt] Building QtWebKit for Symbian... on Linux

Ivan De Marino ivan.de.marino at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 10:13:37 PDT 2010

I'll put in my TODO list to try this out.

Don't blame too much yourself: Symbian has always been dependent on RVCT,
and now that there is this desperate need to be Open Source, the low
importance given to GCCE is starting to show what were the mistakes.

If instead to stickying with the ARM compiler, Symbian would have spent some
money to make GCCE good, now things would be totally different. The huge
effort done just to make the whole thing compile with GCCE is still a shame,
from my point of view.

... Sorry, I was just letting my Symbian-embed-frustration flow. :)

Anyway, Thanks a lot

--
Ivan De Marino | Software Engineer | France Telecom R&D UK - Orange Labs
w. +44 20 8849 5806 | m. +44 7515 955 861 | m. +44 7974 156 216