[webkit-qt] Bugs with qtwbkit of qt 4.6.2

sunny shah sunny.cpp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 02:47:15 PDT 2010

Hi,

Here are the Bugs I found in qtwebkit with qt 4.6.2.

--------------------------------
Bug Number 1.

Just open any Arora webbrowser and open http://github.com in small
window(500x300) now use horizontal scrolling and you will find that newly
exposed area does not get painted,

I found this bug in qtwebkit with qt 4.6.2 and even with qtwebkit included
in qt 4.5.3,

Below is the printscreen of Arora webbrowser with no painting in newly
exposed areas.
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8821/bugqx.png

Bug Number 2, in qtwebkit with qt 4.6.2

Make window size small  ( in my case 500x300) of qwebview and now open
http://www.hotmail.com, Now even if you scroll for five pixels vertical,
paintEvent in QWebview will come for whole window ( in my case 500x300),
This is not the case for other sites,
Because of this bug on embedded system qt webkit perform very sluggish for
some sites.

Bug number 3, in qtwebkit with qt 4.6.2

Even you set QWebview.webFrame()->setScrollBarPolicy(Qt::Horizontal,
Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOff);

it will show scrollbar in http://www.hotmail.com

and even in http://github.com.

Sunny.