[webkit-qt] Building with NDEBUG undefined

Koskinen Janne Janne.P.Koskinen at digia.com
Tue Jun 15 08:09:39 PDT 2010

>Is there a predefined way to create a debug build of QtWebKit
>with NDEBUG undefined? By default even a debug build has it
>defined and I need a build where the extra asserts wrapped by
>NDEBUG are enabled.

Hi.
When building under Qt source tree NDEBUG is always defined. The variable that is checked is QTDIR_build in WebCore/WebCore.pro.
For debugging you are supposed to build it as standalone outside Qt tree by following http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnSymbian .
Since you are propably trying to get debugging working with Carbide without extra user interaction, I least don't have any single good approach to solve this.

Sorry if you didn't mean this as Symbian specific question..

-Janne