[webkit-qt] Inconsistent acceleration of linear gradients and atlas maps

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 09:41:16 PDT 2010

> It looks very much as though this is something that QtGui can already
> pass straight to XRender.  So why is the Raster backend being used for
> it instead?

There are several cases where the painter falls back to the raster engine.

But, as I mentioned before, without knowing the code path from the
client side (WebKit) which hits some specific QPainter function in
some particular use case, it's hard to find the root cause.

While I'm still learning graphics, usually it's not difficult for me
to find out why, if the information above is provided.

Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat