[webkit-qt] Inconsistent acceleration of linear gradients and atlas maps

Jonathan Morton jonathan.morton at movial.com
Wed Jul 7 11:34:17 PDT 2010

> > Meanwhile, we're trying to use Callgrind to narrow down the gradient
> > case ourselves.  Callgrind doesn't seem to like the JIT, so it's taking
> > extra time to disable it.
>
> It's probably overkill to use Callgrind for this case, especially if
> you haven't figured out the code path via Graphics Context down to
> QPainter yet.

Tracing things down isn't the problem.  We're trying to find the *top*
of the stack to trace down from, and so far we only know that it
*doesn't* go through some small piece of code that *should* be relevant.
We're not exactly Webkit experts (yet).

> Oh BTW, it's a long shot, but did you try to draw the web page's main
> frame via QWebFrame::render operating on a QPainter WITHOUT
> antialiasing in its render hints?

That I don't know, but I've mentioned it to people who know how to look
into it.

--
------
From: Jonathan Morton