[webkit-qt] Inconsistent acceleration of linear gradients and atlas maps

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 11:09:07 PDT 2010

> The atlas maps seem to be the same kind of problem, and we already have
> a test case for those.  Can you work with that?  (It's also at bug
> #41682.)

The test case is hardly qualified as a reduced one.

I would imagine that CSS gradient test would consists of a few lines
of HTML and inlined CSS only, though. It's not rocket science.

Well, then I will have a look at it once someone reduce the test. Or
when I find some spare cycles to do it myself.

> Meanwhile, we're trying to use Callgrind to narrow down the gradient
> case ourselves.  Callgrind doesn't seem to like the JIT, so it's taking
> extra time to disable it.

It's probably overkill to use Callgrind for this case, especially if
you haven't figured out the code path via Graphics Context down to
QPainter yet.

Oh BTW, it's a long shot, but did you try to draw the web page's main
frame via QWebFrame::render operating on a QPainter WITHOUT
antialiasing in its render hints?

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat