[webkit-qt] Inconsistent acceleration of linear gradients and atlas maps

Jonathan Morton jonathan.morton at movial.com
Wed Jul 7 09:23:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 09:15 -0700, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > This is effective for some instances of linear gradients (eg. on form
> > buttons that appear on a page), but others (such as CSS animations)
> > don't even seem to hit the abstraction layer in Webkit that would pass
> > these commands on to Qt.  Breakpoints set in
> > WebCore/platform/graphics/qt/GradientQt.cpp are triggered by the
> > accelerated case but not by the non-accelerated cases.
>
> Do you manage to trace the code path from a simple reproduceable
> example (e.g. CSS animation) to some functions in GraphicsContext
> class? Do you have that simple example which I can try?

We have a relatively simple test case for the gradients with CSS
animation, but we've been asked to keep distribution of it low for the
time being, as it's a prototype for an upcoming site design.  I can send
it to individual people for serious testing.

We also have a (very) simplified version of the AOL UK website which
triggers the atlas-maps problem.  I've attached that one.

--
------
From: Jonathan Morton
      jonathan.morton at movial.com