[webkit-qt] GraphicsContext and Canvas

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Fri Feb 5 00:03:29 PST 2010

>The best answer unfortunately depends on the HW we're running
>on. On the N900 for example, using tiled rendering, we are
>probably fastest if we use raster for rendering into images
>and then tile these using OpenGL. On another device doing it
>all in HW might be better.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I understand that on the N900 we don't have to do anything HTML-canvas specific in order to draw into an image, because when we draw to a QPixmap in that configuration we get the raster engine anyway (some fallbacks that happen inside our GL2 engine). Which means that managing QPixmap/QImage heuristic in QtWebkit would be superfluous for the n900.

No'am