[webkit-qt] QtWebKit-2.2 branch is now open

henry.haverinen at nokia.com henry.haverinen at nokia.com
Tue Dec 21 03:25:59 PST 2010

> Henry, do we have confirmation that 2.2 will obsolete 2.1 by the time
> it's released? (By obsoleting I mean it'll be released as an update
> for devices and SDKs running 2.1). Otherwise calling it 2.1.X won't
> make sense, as it'll remove the option of releasing updates (e.g.
> security fixes) for 2.1.

> If you confirm that (I know it's not completely your call... it's a
> decision that will impact several stakeholders), I'll rename the
> branch to 2.1-future or 2.1.wip.

You're right, we need to confirm this with some other people, but let's do that.

I don't expect that to be a problem, since upgrading from 2.1 to a 2.1+media based
patch release instead of a 2.1 based release with the same security
fixes should not really be significantly riskier.

Best regards,
Henry