[webkit-qt] QtWebKit-2.2 branch is now open

henry.haverinen at nokia.com henry.haverinen at nokia.com
Fri Dec 17 09:54:19 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

> > You possibly had discussed that, but why not make 2.2 to be 2.1, since
> > the later is not release yet.

QtWebKit 2.2 is indeed a bit confusing name for the branch that Ademar just created. It could be called 2.1.1 (or something like that) instead, since the intent is only to back-port HTML5 media support on mobile platforms to once it is ready. No new C++ APIs should be needed for that.  I don't think we'll have to maintain 2.1 and this branch separately since they'll be very much the same.

On the other hand, adding new features in a patch level release is also confusing.

Regards,
Henry