[webkit-qt] tagging network replies created by webkit with useful information

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Mon Dec 6 06:36:21 PST 2010

Hello,

On 12/03/2010 06:38 PM, ext Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
> I'm creating a screen scraper. The information I'm looking for come in response to ajax calls so I need to monitor all ajax calls and check incoming data. To do so I need to know if an incoming reply is the reply to ajax request or not.
> I'd like to know if there were any thoughts on tagging each QNetworkReply created by webkit (QNetworkManager of QWebPage) with some additional information describing the request? In my case this would be information if it originates from XmlHttp object but mgoetz on #qt-labs suggested other information like type of a resource; script, image etc.

There is no such tags currently. I also think that would be useful.

Such information is needed when implementing filters for AdBlock, this
cannot be done with the current implementation.

For example ( see http://adblockplus.org/en/filters ):
  * script — external scripts loaded via HTML script tag
  * image — regular images, typically loaded via HTML img tag
  * xmlhttprequest — requests started by the XMLHttpRequest object

If you are willing to contribute such feature, you should create a new
task on the bugtracker http://webkit.org/new-qtwebkit-bug and start
hacking :)

cheers,
Benjamin