[webkit-qt] QTWebkit capabilities

Madhu Kumar mk17cs at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 21:20:28 PDT 2010

Hi Ariya,

I even dried capturing the whole desktop as follows
QPixmap pixmap =
QPixmap::grabWindow(QApplication::desktop()->winId(),0,0,-1,-1);

painter.begin(&pixmap);
mainFrame->render(&painter);
painter.end();
QString file("file_Trial1.png");
pixmap.save( file, "PNG", -1 );

Though it captures the whole desktop, it didn't capture the flash cotent of the
rendered web content. Also the web window was not full and had got cropped at
the top and bottom.

I tried this web page whcihc states it is window less flash.
http://www.popup-killer-review.com/windowless-swf.htm

I was not able to capture the flash content in this page also.

So, does it mean that
- there is no way we can capture the flash contnents using Qt/QtWebKit?
- If yes, it means that off-screen rendering of web content having flash
(copying it to memory instead of rednering it on to window) is not possibe with
Qt? Is it?

Please clarify these doubts. Depending on this I have to look for alternative
other than Qt for doing my assignment.
Plese do the needful.