[webkit-qt] QTWebkit capabilities

benjamin.poulain at nokia.com benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Tue Aug 17 11:02:12 PDT 2010

On Aug 17, 2010, at 7:29 PM, ext Madhu Kumar wrote:

> What I would like to know is,
> 1) Is it possible to get the buffer of the web page, that would be rendered, using QTWebkit. I don't want to render it directly and would be doing off-screen rendering. Would you please help me achieving this.

Yes, you can do the rendering to a QImage.

> 2) Does QTWebkit support flash? I mean if the content from the server contains the flash data, would it be possible to take the snapshot of that and give the bmp file using QTWebkit?

Yes, QtWebKit support NPAPI plugins, including flash.
It should be possible to render the content of a single frame to QImage.

> 3) Does QT and QTWebkit has mechanisms to handle mouse and keyboard events if the event information is available through shared memory? Please guide me to links/sample code.

It is theoretically possible, but there is no code published to do such things. You will have to write all the proxying yourself.

> 4) Where to get the information about QTWebkits performance compared to say IE? Do we have any benchmark numbers? Where to get these information?

It is really, really fast :)
It obviously depends on the platform, but for the most common ones, QtWebKit 2.0 + Qt 4.7 perform very well.

cheers,
Benjamin