[webkit-qt] setOfflineWebApplicationCacheQuota clears db

Andrew Webster apwebster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:51:04 PDT 2010

Ever since change 56140 in the svn trunk,
QWebSettings::setOfflineWebApplicationCacheQuota clears out the
application cache database before setting the maximum number of pages:

 void QWebSettings::setOfflineWebApplicationCacheQuota(qint64 maximumSize)
 {
 #if ENABLE(OFFLINE_WEB_APPLICATIONS)
+    WebCore::cacheStorage().empty();
+    WebCore::cacheStorage().vacuumDatabaseFile();
     WebCore::cacheStorage().setMaximumSize(maximumSize);
 #endif
 }

I thought that the maximum number of pages in the database is a
per-connection setting and thus needs to be set up every time an
application starts (as opposed to only once when the database is
created).  So, I used to call setOfflineWebApplicationCacheQuota at
the start of my application, but that now clears the database.

Is there a different way that I should be setting the maximum cache
size, or am I misunderstanding what setOfflineWebApplicationCacheQuota
is supposed to do?

Thanks,
Andrew Webster