[webkit-qt] QtWebkit & Virtual Keyboard

Ivan De Marino ivan.de.marino at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 00:07:35 PDT 2010

Input methods in Qt are defined by-platform, and that should not change if
you are in a QWebView.
If you want to modify what do you get in terms of Keyboards, Combo-box and
so forth, you might want to take a look to the actual source code of
QtWebKit and see where you can "plug yourself" in. It's not going to be an
easy task, I think.

It might be that you are raising an interesting point: allowing developers
to implement/extend the input methods for QWebKit, so that personalized
Input Methods can be easily added. that's an interesting idea.

Good luck.

On 27 April 2010 07:39, sunny shah <sunny.cpp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>  But I want to make it for Qt for embedded linux ( My windowing server is
> QWS ( Qt Windowing System) ), I want to mentioned functionality ( Want to
> make mobile browser similar to iPhone | Android ). Isn't it possible that
> textbox OR listbox OR combobox  which QtWebkit uses will be derived by me ?
> Or is there any other way? I am ready to do hacking in code, Just help me
> for quick start.
>
> Many Thanks,
>   Sunny.
>
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Kenneth Christiansen <
> kenneth.christiansen at openbossa.org> wrote:
>
>> We would all like that :-) but it is a lot of work to get done right.
>>
>> With QtWebKit 2.0 which will soon be released, and if your embedded
>> linux is based on Maemo5, you will get a dialog for selection (what
>> you call combobox/listbox), event for the multiple selection case. On
>> other platforms you are out of luck. Virtual keyboard will also work
>> on that platform.
>>
>> Kenneth
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM, sunny shah <sunny.cpp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> >   I am making mobile browser for Qt for embedded linux. I want to have
>> > virtual keyboard, separate window for listbox and combo box and custom
>> > message box styles in QtWebkit. Please help me with this.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >  Sunny.
>> >

>> --
>> Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
>> Technical Lead / Senior Software Engineer
>> Qt Labs Americas, Nokia Technology Institute, INdT
>> Phone  +55 81 8895 6002 / E-mail kenneth.christiansen at openbossa.org

Ivan De Marino | Software Engineer | France Telecom R&D UK - Orange Labs
w. +44 20 8849 5806 | m. +44 7515 955 861 | m. +44 7974 156 216
ivan[dot]demarino[at]orange-ftgroup.com |
ivan[dot]de[dot]marino[at]gmail[dot]com
www.detronizator.org | www.linkedin.com/in/ivandemarino