[webkit-qt] Implementing navigation algorithms in QtWebKit

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Fri Oct 9 07:34:23 PDT 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009 ext jligman at mindspring.com, wrote:
> Hey.
>
> I have a client implementation of cursor and focus navigation algorithms on
>  top of QtWebKit. The Api is sufficient, but i could imagine that it might
>  be nice to have these algorithms available in the port. Is there any
>  interest? If so, I have a hard time envisioning where this code would
>  reside, in my client I have a container which owns the QWebPage, QWebView,
>  and the navigation interface class. The concrete navigation classes
>  install event filters based on some switches. Maybe something similar
>  would work, but let the QWebPageClient have the pointer to the navigation
>  interface.

I think it's definitely a feature that would be interesting to have inside the
engine (or at least under the API layer), so that not everyone has to re-
implement it.

I know Antonio has been working with this kind of navigation algorithms
before, too.

Antonio, any suggestion wrt the API or place where to put the code? Is this
something where it would make sense perhaps to work together?

Simon