[webkit-jobs] New Webkit Engineer Position at Stanford Semantic Search Startup
mike at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 10 08:03:25 PST 2012
I'm a PhD student at on leave from Stanford to build a new search company.
We've got VC funding, revenue, and power some large customers right now.
I'm looking for someone with experience with Webkit rendering internals
(particularly WebCore) to help with extracting information for our computer
vision algorithms that we apply to the rendered page. We're open to both
full-time or part-time/contract help.
More information about the job below. If this sounds like you, send me a
quick message. Thanks!
Diffbot is a *visual robot* for the web that can can "see" web pages like
humans do. Our APIs allow application developers to instantly structure and
use otherwise inaccessible web data.
(Check out our APIs: http://www.diffbot.com/technology)
Our goal is to understand and structure *every page on the web* -- using
computer vision, machine learning and natural language processing. These
aren't buzzwords for us: they're core to expanding upon our 5+ years of
research and development (started in Stanford’s PhD program).
Diffbot was the inaugural startup in Stanford’s StartX Accelerator, is
funded by world-class investors, and more importantly is already generating
revenue. Our APIs are called hundreds of millions of times per month, and
we’ve just scratched the surface.
*We could use a hand.* To apply send Diffbot a cover letter detailing your
passion with a resume to jobs at diffbot.com.
- In-depth knowledge of web and semantic standards HTML5, CSS, JS, RDF,
- Experience working with Webkit and rendering, preferably contributor
to a rendering engine at Google/Apple/Mozilla.
- Experience using and contributing to open-source software
- Computer science degree, computer graphics/vision background a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and teach others.
* What you'd be doing*
- Benchmarking and optimizing performance of rendering.
- Learning about new algorithms for visual analysis of web pages.
- Building, testing and deploying code to our hybrid cloud architecture.
- Working directly with the founding team.
- Whatever else it takes to help Diffbot understand the web, and our
various processes talk to each other more efficiently.
*Reasons to work at Diffbot*
- Be one of our first full-time engineers.
- Help guide the technical architecture of our company.
- Be at the forefront of machine learning, computer vision and NLP.
- Write code that powers some of the world’s largest Internet companies.
- Competitive salary, equity, and a benefits package.
- Have some fun changing the world.
Mike Tung | Entrepreneur-in-residence, StartX | CEO, Diffbot | miketung.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-jobs