[webkit-jobs] Lead Engineer, iPhone Applications
chrisfroster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 19:24:09 PDT 2009
*Lead Engineer, iPhone Applications
*Standard Nine Inc.
San Francisco, CA
We're a small startup looking to augment our founding team with passionate,
talented engineers who will help us build the world's first end-to-end
platform for digital learning content distribution. Our founding team is
ex-Harvard, ex-Apple and ex-Facebook. We're backed by an amazing roster of
investors, we have a clear vision for what we're trying to accomplish, and
we're convinced we're uniquely able to tackle this challenging but lucrative
market. Are you ready to help us build insanely great products?
The successful candidate will get a healthy chunk of pre-Series-A equity, a
salary, benefits and all the goodness that comes with working at an exciting
startup in San Francisco. Responsibilities will be broad and tailored to the
skills and passions of the candidate, and will include the following:
- Help architect a complete set of tools for designing, publishing, selling
and interacting with media of many types
- Design and build a client for the iPhone OS
- Help define and implement the most important user experience we'll be
- Push the limits of WebKit on mobile devices with HTML5, scripted SVG and
other new/emerging technologies
Skills and Experience:
- The number of years of experience you have is not as important as your raw
- iPhone/Mac development experience: you've built your own apps
- Proficiency programming in C/C++
- Experience with WebKit development a plus
- Experience with modern web technologies HTML, CSS, JS, SVG, etc.
- Engineering project management skills would be valued
- User experience engineering skills would also be valued
In general, we're looking for people who know any combination of modern web
application development, iPhone OS application development, user experience
design/implementation, or any combination of these. There's plenty for
everyone to do around here.
As we're keeping a low profile, additional details on our product direction,
business strategy, etc. (all things we'd expect interested parties to
reasonably want to know before considering a position) would be shared in an
initial face-to-face conversation.
If you're interested in more information, or to throw your hat into the
ring, please e-mail Matt at *canuck at standardnine.com*.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-jobs