[webkit-help] need help - run-webkit-app doesn't work for me

Sitao Yang sitao_yang at apple.com
Thu Oct 13 12:34:47 PDT 2016

Hi Ryosuke,

I figured out the issue. You were correct that it has to do with System Integrity Protection introduced in El Capitan. After temporally disable it, everything just worked.

Thanks a lot for your help.

—Sitao

Sitao Yang  Apple Inc. | Customer Systems | sitao at apple.com <mailto:sitao_yang at apple.com> | 650.787.6692

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 5:06 PM, Sitao Yang <sitao_yang at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryosuke,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I followed your instructions and checked my WebKit app in Activity Monitor, it showed it’s still using the system’s WebKit framework instead of my local one.
>
> Also, I’m running on macOS Sierra (16A323). So the mentioned issue with El Capitan shouldn’t matter to me. I’d have made it clear in my initial email.
>
> Thanks,
> —Sitao
>
>> On Oct 11, 2016, at 3:56 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org <mailto:rniwa at webkit.org>> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Sitao Yang <sitao_yang at apple.com <mailto:sitao_yang at apple.com>> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I tried to test a WebKit app (written in Cocoa) using WebKit framework I
>>> built locally to verify a bug I reported earlier and was told that it has
>>> been fixed. For some reason it didn’t work. Here’s what I did.
>>>
>>> 1. Download the latest WebKit source code from
>>> git://git.webkit.org/WebKit.git <git://git.webkit.org/WebKit.git> (origin/master branch)
>>> 2. Check few files and confirm that the fix is included in the source code
>>> 3. Run build-webkit script to build WebKit framework, which is successful.