[webkit-help] content whitelisting by http referrer header/ 50k rule limit

Charles Butkus airdamien at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:47:38 PDT 2015

Is it currently possible to write rules against http referrer?

I’m looking through the code and it doesn’t seem to be.

 If a user wants to whitelist blocked content on a page hosted on a different domain, what’s the expected way of enabling this? In my head, I’d go after the referrer and whitelist based on that. if-domain and/or url-filter.

Also, what’s the deal with the 50k rule limit? I’m assuming it’s for performance, but the current easylist is  46,879 entries by itself after conversion.
I need to look at the data and see what I can trim down into rules with more coverage.

Thanks!