[webkit-help] Building wincairo on Windows 10 64bit

Isaac Devine isaac at devinesystems.co.nz
Sun Nov 8 17:01:21 PST 2015

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your help and the link, I have made more progress with those
instructions.

The update-webkit-wincairo-libs calls update-webkit-dependency, which looks
it requests
a file called WinCairoRequirements.headers so that it can check the
last-modified time.
I'm not familiar with perl, so I could be mistaken here.

If I do as you suggest and download and extract it manually (and comment
out the check from update-webkit-wincairo-libs) the build proceeds, as I've
documented below:

When I call perl build-webkit --wincairo --release from the windows command
prompt, I get an error alert dialog appear with the following text:
---------------------------
cl.exe - System Error
The program can't start because mspdb140.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

When I click ok the build continues.

After some time it then fails when building the dumprendertree project,
complaining about a missing win-cairo.h, however it does exist under
Webkit\WebkitLibraries\win\include\cairo.